The Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations aim to reduce the quantity of waste electrical and electronic equipment and increase its reuse, recovery and recycling.
Buying a new electrical, electronic or battery operated item from us?
From 1st January 2021, along with all other retailers who sell electrical products, we are offering a free recycling service for items you are able to return to our stores.
Simply bring the old electrical item into store within 28 days, show us the receipt for its replacement and we will do the rest.
The item you wish to return and recycle does not have to have been originally purchased from us, but it must be of an equivalent like-for-like type and size to the new product you are buying. Once you have made your new purchase, please bring your old item with your receipt to any till point in store. Please make sure the item you are returning is clean and dry and does not represent a health or safety hazard when handling.
You can also find local recycling points for your old electricals here: Recycle Your Electricals Locator.
What can I recycle?
Anything with a plug, battery or cable can be recycled or reused. The materials from recycled electricals can be used in everything from children’s playgrounds to lifesaving equipment, while donated tech can help bridge the digital divide.
You will find this symbol on all your electrical items. It is a reminder to recycle your old electricals, rather than binning them.
Do you offer a collection service for large, heavy electrical products?
Yes we do, but please be aware that the new regulations don’t entitle you to free collection of WEEE from your home. There is a charge for this service.
Large White Goods ordered through our www.nextdomesticappliances.co.uk website can be collected directly from the customer’s home when ordering a product.
Other Large items
Our stores are unable to accept large, heavy electrical items of Homeware.
For next.co.uk items, to place an order for a new electrical item and to arrange collection of your old one, please contact Customer Services on 0333 777 4583* for details. This service is only available through our Customer Services team, and is charged at £15.00 per item collected. The product for collection must be of an equivalent type and size to the new product you are buying.
All items will need to be labelled with labels sent to the customer prior to collection, and made accessible to our delivery teams.
Please note that if we are unable to access or remove the items from the room of choice, we reserve the right to not collect.
If you need to recycle a large appliance yourself, visit Recycle Your Electricals Locator, or contact your local council to locate your nearest recycling site for waste electricals.
Why is it important to recycle?
- Electrical and electronic equipment is now the fastest growing waste stream in the UK and across the world
- Recycling and reusing unwanted electrical or electronics can help save the planet, boost the economy and improve lives. Not only that, electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and harmful to human health if not disposed of correctly
- Your old electricals will be taken to a recycling plant for processing to separate into individual materials, so they can be turned into new, more useful things. Every year, thousands of tonnes of old electrical and electronic equipment are collected, recycled and reused
- Discover more about the impact of reusing and recycling your electricals here: Recycle Your Electricals campaign.
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is regulated by the UK Government. Find out more here.
*For call charges contact your service provider.